Cambridge English: First (FCE) is an upper intermediate-level English course which is highly recommended for young teenage learners or adults who have strong English language proficiency who are able to deal with a variety of situations but may not be able to handle more demanding situations such as discussing abstract or cultural topics fluently with maturity and depth.
The FCE course covers all four language skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing.
You should take this Cambridge English: First course if you want to:
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, expressing opinions and presenting arguments.
- Follow the news, write clear, detailed English, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view.
- Write letters, reports, stories and lots of other types of text.
At the end of the course, learners are expected to:
- be able to handle the main structures of the English language fluently
- have knowledge of a wide range of vocabulary
- use appropriate communication strategies in a various situations
- write letters, reports, stories and lots of other types of text produce written texts of various types with the ability to form an argument as well as describe events
And If you are keen to gain a valuable qualification that is accepted worldwide, then you should consider taking the Cambridge English: First (FCE) Exam.